Smug Mutts Hemp rope toys are perfect for interactive play between canine and human. The soft texture, tough fibres and earthy smell of the natural hemp rope make it an exciting and durable material for your dog to chew on! So whether your four legged friend prefers a game of tug of war, throw and fetch or just a good old chew, Smug Mutts Hemp rope toys are guaranteed to bring your dog hours of fun!
- Medium - 16mm Rope Thickness
- Large - 24mm Rope Thickness
It’s an integral part of the process to minimise our environmental footprint in every way possible from buying responsibly sourced wood and organically grown European sourced hemp.
FSC Beech wood
Beech is a widely available hardwood and it makes a fantastic alternative to plastic - here's why;
- It is strong and durable.
- A close grain structure means no large splinters or sharp chunks should break off.
- When chewed the wood becomes soft and when dry if it feels rough it can be sanded back to its former glory.
- Contains no additional treatments, chemicals or preservatives.
- Non-toxic and is even used in children's teething toys due to its qualities!
- Can be treated with coconut oil to preserve the wood.
Natural Hemp Rope benefits the environment as well as your dog - here's why:
- Sheds in short length fibres which are safer if digested in small amounts unlike cotton and other synthetic rope toys.
- Naturally anti-microbial and resistant to mould.
- Can act as a natural tooth brush and the soft texture helps massage dogs gums.
- Has a lovely earthy smell which dogs love!
- No herbicides, pesticides or chemicals are required in the growing process.
- Requires very little water to grow compared to cotton, and it returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes from the soil.
Smug Mutts Knot Three Times Eco Dog Toy
Hemp rope sheds in short length fibres which are digestible in small amounts and less likely to cause harm when chewed and ingested, unlike cotton and other synthetic rope toys.
The tough hemp fibres can act as a natural tooth brush when chewed and help to massage dog's gums.
Naturally anti-microbial and resistant to mould.
Strong, durable and biodegradeable.